CASA SUNSANDSEA, LLC, D/B/A SIRENIAN BAY RESORT AND VILLAS PRIVACY NOTICE
Your Acceptance of Our Privacy Notice: By using the Services (defined below), you consent to the terms of this Privacy Notice and the ways we collect, use and share your personal information, including the transfer of your personal information to and within the United States. If you do not consent to the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not continue to use the Services.
Casa Sunsandsea is concerned about privacy issues and want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information. In this Privacy Notice, Casa Sunsandsea d/b/a Sirenian Bay Resort and Villas may be referred to collectively, as “we,” “us” or “our.”
This Privacy Notice describes our practices in connection with information that we collect, whether through websites operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice (the “Websites”), through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”), through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice (collectively, our “Social Media Pages”), through other offline services and collection mechanisms (such as when you call our call center or book a reservation directly with a Hotel and the Hotel shares that information with us), or otherwise (collectively, including the Websites, the Apps, our Social Media Pages, and other offline services and mechanisms, the “Services”). The information you provide helps us to operate effectively and continually provide you with the best hospitality products, services and experiences.
What information is collected and how is it collected?
- We may collect personal information (which is information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable person) about you, such as your:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
- Financial information
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID
- Stay information
- Communication preferences
We may collect information from you when you interact with us such as when you:
- Register for a product or service
- Contact us with a question or request
- Use our services
- Make a payment for a product or service
- Stay at, or make a reservation
- Provide a testimonial or story
- Participate in a contest, competition or sweepstakes
- Other information we collect about you:
- One of the purposes of cookies is to simplify the use of the Website. A cookie may save a user’s login details, for example, so that the user does not need to login every time. Cookies, by themselves, do not provide us with your personal information.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” or “temporary” (or “session”) cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular website, allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiration date (unless deleted by the user before the expiration date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies are also used for statistical or marketing purposes, to determine how the Website is used. These cookies are provided by us as well as by third parties (e.g., advertising partners). While we do not control or have access to advertiser cookies, we do permit those cookies to be used on this Website to facilitate tailored advertising and to monitor patterns of buying specific goods or interest in, for example, holidays or hobbies. These cookies run advertisements tailored to the user based on the user’s online buying habits.
- Google Analytics:We use Google Analytics to help us get a better understanding of how visitors use this Website. The information generated by the Google Analytics cookie about your use of this Website is transmitted to and stored by Google. If you do not want your activity on this Website to be tracked by Google Analytics, you may opt out by using this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- From Other Sources:We may receive your personal information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Website account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
- Mobile Devices:When you use or access our Services from a mobile device, we may collect information such as your unique device ID and your location information. When you download, and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number, as well as any other personal information specified by the App in its terms or notices.
How do we use your information?
The information we collect from you helps us to identify ways that we can continue to serve you in the best way possible and provide you with personalized products and services that suit your lifestyle.
We use personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services or an event that you are attending and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill any purchases or requests for services, for example, to process your payments, or rental, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you via postal mail, email, telephone or SMS.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your personal information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may also aggregate and/or anonymize personal information for research, to improve our products and services, and for other business purposes.
How do we disclose your information?
Your information may be disclosed as follows:
- Property Rentals:We may share personal information with the owners and operators of the property in order to provide you with services.
- Business Partners, and Other Third Parties:We may disclose your information to business partners, sponsors or other third parties in connection with administering reservations, commission payments, promotions, sweepstakes or similar activities. You may be offered an opportunity to request additional information, materials or offers from the sponsor or other third party; should you make such a request, we will provide your personal information to the third party so that they can fulfill your request.
- You may choose to opt-out from the above types of sharing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you choose to opt-out, we may not have the ability to perform the requested Services or you may not be able to participate in one or more of our programs.
- Service Providers: We may disclose your information to service providers retained by us in connection with our business such as: travel services companies, financial services companies, property owners’ associations, vacation insurance companies, website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, tax and financial advisers, legal advisers, accountants or auditing services.
- Message Boards:We may make message boards, blogs, and other such user-generated content facilities available to users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other users, including website operators to whom you provide information.
- Merger or Acquisition:To a third party who acquires any part of Casa Sunsandsea itself or any of its Affiliates, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all, or a substantial portion, of our assets.
- Disclosure Permitted by Law:To law enforcement authorities, government or public agencies, regulators, and/or to any other person having appropriate legal authority or justification for receipt of your information, if we believe that we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Casa Sunsandsea or others.
- Anonymized/Aggregated Information:Because aggregated or anonymized information does not personally identify you, we may use it for any purpose. If we combine anonymized or aggregated data with personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information according to this Privacy Notice.
How do we safeguard your information?
Security of Your Information: We will take reasonable steps to protect the information you provide us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, no security system is 100% secure, thus we cannot ensure the security of information that you provide to us.
Other Important Information
- Information Provided on Someone Else’s Behalf:If you provide us with information about someone else, please ensure you have the person’s permission to do so for the purposes detailed in this Privacy Notice.
- Links to Websites:The Services may have links to other websites that are not operated by us and, therefore, we have no control over how these websites may collect your information. You should read the privacy notices on those other websites before you submit your information through them.
- Social Media Sites:Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, or any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice:From time to time we may revise this Notice and/or use personal information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in this Notice to meet changes in the regulatory or business environment, or to satisfy the needs of our customers and service providers. Updated and date stamped versions will be posted on the Services.
- Minors:We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information from children under 18 years of age, and no part of our Services is directed to individuals under the age of 18.
- International Transfers:We are an international company and we may, subject to applicable law, transfer your information to our Affiliates or selected third parties where information protection standards may differ. For example, your information may be stored on servers located in other jurisdictions. We will take steps to help protect your information when it is transferred.
- Retention Period:We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Choices and Access
- Marketing:We may contact you by email, telephone, SMS or postal mail with information about products or services offered by Casa Sunsandsea or a third party that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out at any time by doing the following:
- If you do not wish to receive further commercial emails from us, you can opt-out by replying to the email you receive from us.
- If you do not wish to receive further direct marketing (including commercial emails) from us about Casa Sunsandsea’s products or services, you can opt-out by sending an email to in email@example.com.
- “Do Not Track” Browser Settings:At this time, we do not respond to browser ‘do not track’ signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted. Third parties, including our service providers, may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, including when you visit our Website. You can learn about how to exercise choice regarding the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services by visiting www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org.
- Access to Information We Hold about You: If you would like to access, obtain copies of, update, correct, or request that we suppress or delete any of the information we hold about you, or if you require further information from us about how we use your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some jurisdictions, you may be charged a reasonable fee for access to your information.
Notice to California Residents
If you are a resident of California, California Civil Code, Section 1798.83, allows you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Additional information about your data privacy rights:You have a right to:
- Ask for confirmation as to whether or not your personal information is processed and receive communication of that in an intelligible form.
- Get information relating to:
- The collection source of your personal information;
- The Purposes and methods of processing your personal information;
- The identity of the Data Controller and its “responsible” persons or local representatives, if appointed; and/or
- The entities and individuals or relevant categories to whom or which your personal information may be communicated.
- Updates, rectification or integration to/of your personal information;
- Confirmation that your personal information is deleted, made anonymous or blocked if processed unlawfully, including the personal information whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently processed; and/or
- Confirmation that the aforesaid operations have been notified, as also related to their contents, to entities and individuals to whom or which your personal information was communicated or disseminated, unless it is impossible or it may involve manifestly disproportionate efforts compared with the right that is to be protected.
- Object, on the whole or partially:
- On legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information, even though relevant to the purpose of its collection; and/or
- To the processing of your personal information for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or for the performance of market surveys or marketing communications.
This Privacy Notice is available in multiple languages. The English version will control for all purposes, including any controversies, disputes or claims that will be resolved by arbitration or other legal proceeding.
If you have any questions or privacy concerns after reviewing this Privacy Notice, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to:
Casa Sunsandsea, LLC
c/o Montgomery PrideGroupCo, LLC
735 Plaza Blvd., Suite 210
Coppell, TX 75019
Effective Date: April 1, 2017
Last Updated Date: September 8, 2018