Sirenian Bay Family:
What a few months it has been.
After being completely closed for most of March and April, we were excited to reopen to in-country travel in late May. Since then, we’ve enjoyed hosting numerous Belizeans at the Resort and having the opportunity to share the Sirenian Bay Experience locally.
We also look forward to welcoming our international family back to paradise as quickly as possible!
To ensure the safety and comfort of all our guests, we are actively working to go above and beyond the minimum requirements for compliance, cleanliness, and safety. Part of that process is becoming a Gold Standard Certified Property with the Belize Tourism Board.
To that end, we are excited to announce that Sirenian Bay will welcome international guests back on property on September 1, 2020! And… we’re thrilled to announce that we’ll reopen as an all-inclusive resort! (Get the details!)
As we navigate this “new normal”, travel will undoubtedly look different. Each State or Province may have specific local travel requirements, particularly for international travel. Please be sure to look into those before booking.
Belize has also set forth requirements for international travelers coming into the country. In addition to this brief survey, we encourage you to follow the Belize Tourism Board and Belize Ministry of Health on Facebook and check this page for the most current information:
- You must show a negative COVID-19 test, performed within 72 hours prior to your travel date. (Travelers arriving without a negative test will be required to submit to a test at the airport at their own expense, and positive test results will require a mandatory quarantine at an isolation facility for at least 14 days (also at your expense).)
- You will be required to download the Belize Ministry of Health Contact Tracing app to include your travel itinerary.
- Masks are required in all public places (including beaches) unless eating, drinking, or swimming.
- Temp checks will be required multiple times.
- Social distancing is in effect.
- Belize will impose significant fines for non-compliance.
We understand the uncertainty of travel right now. Many of us are longing for a vacation. At the same time, we’re feeling some anxiety over the safety involved in travel.
We are working diligently to ensure the safety of our staff and guests, while maintaining the level of service and the vacation experience you’ve come to expect.
Thank you for your patience as we navigate these new regulations together.